USIM Facebook Pixel

How to Issue a CEA Policy 

If you are an agent or producer who works with one of our participating insurers, you are eligible to sell CEA earthquake policies. 

In order to issue a CEA earthquake insurance policy, you’ll need to: 
  • Have a valid California property and casualty insurance license
  • Be appointed to write CEA earthquake policies with one of our Participating Insurers   

CEA has developed free agent training to help you understand, and confidently sell, CEA policies. 

Make sure your customer has a residential insurance policy 

CEA does not offer a stand-alone earthquake policy, so first be sure your customer has a current home, mobilehome, condo, or renters policy.  

Remember, your insured’s CEA and residential policies must be with the same participating insurance company.  

Help your customers make a great CEA policy choice 

Use the CEA Premium Calculator to show your customers the wide range of available coverage and deductible choices. This is also a good time to help them with any payment or billing questions they may have, since each participating insurer chooses the options available to their customers. 

And remember, if you haven’t already taken the free CEA agent training, get signed up today and learn everything you need to know about selling CEA earthquake insurance policies.  

Calculate Your Earthquake Insurance Premium

801 K Street, Suite 1000
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (916) 325-3800
Toll Free: (877) 797-4300

©2018 California Earthquake Authority

Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  | Site Map