USIM Facebook Pixel
Home > Insurance Policies > Mobilehomes & Manufactured Homes

CEA Mobilehome Owners and Manufactured Homeowners Earthquake Insurance Policies

CEA Condo-Unit Policy Coverages & DeductiblesIs your mobilehome or manufactured home ready for the next earthquake?

CEA earthquake insurance policies provide the strength you need to recover from a damaging earthquake.

Get a quick earthquake insurance price estimate using our premium calculator. And talk to your residential insurer about the CEA earthquake-coverage options that fit your needs and budget. They will also help you purchase your CEA policy.

Did You Know?
Your standard residential policy doesn’t cover earthquake damage.

Get a CEA earthquake policy to cover your home and belongings. Contact your residential insurance company today! 

CEA mobilehome owners and manufactured homeowners coverage options*

Home (dwelling) -

Home (dwelling)

Learn More
Can be purchased alone or with other coverages. Covers earthquake damage to your house and structures attached to it, like your garage.
Personal Property -

Personal Property

Learn More
Coverage to repair or replace your covered personal belongings if they are damaged in an earthquake.
Loss of Use -

Loss of Use

Learn More
A necessity for additional living expenses if you must live outside your home because of earthquake damage or as directed by a civil authority. This coverage never has a deductible.
Building Code Upgrade -

Building Code Upgrade

Learn More
Rebuilding after an earthquake generally must be done to current building-code standards—this coverage helps with the added costs.
Emergency Repairs -

Emergency Repairs

Learn More
Handy coverage when you need to make urgent, necessary repairs after an earthquake to help protect your house from further damage, such as plywood to board up damaged windows. The first $1,500 has no deductible.
Breakables -


More Info
Useful coverage if glassware, crystal, china, ceramic, pottery, porcelain, or marble items are broken because of an earthquake.

learn more about policy coverage

Read Your CEA Policy Carefully

*We encourage you to read your entire CEA policy—and its policy declarations page—to understand your coverages and how they work. Exclusions and special limits apply. All terms and conditions of CEA insurance coverage are found in the CEA insurance-policy form. Refer to a sample policy, below

Homeowners Choice Policy Sample (PDF)
Standard Homeowners Policy Sample (PDF)
Optional Endorsement - Coverage For Breakables (PDF)

Mobilehome and Manufactured Home FAQs

 We’ve gathered some frequently asked questions from mobilehome and manufactured homeowners to help you understand how a CEA policy can help you recover from the next damaging earthquake.
Q. Why do I need earthquake insurance?
A. In California, your residential insurance policy doesn’t cover your home or your belongings against earthquakes. If you don’t have earthquake insurance, you’re not covered for earthquake damage or any additional costs needed to live elsewhere while your home is being repaired or rebuilt. Contact your residential insurer today to get the earthquake insurance you need.
Q. How much does a CEA earthquake insurance policy cost?
A. The cost of your policy depends on many factors such as the earthquake risk where you live and the coverages and deductibles you choose. CEA offers expanded coverage choices as well as more deductible options to help you find a policy that best meets your needs and budget. Use our Premium Calculator for a free estimate.
Q. Where can I buy a CEA earthquake insurance policy?
A. You can buy a CEA earthquake insurance policy through one of our participating residential insurance companies. CEA does not offer stand-alone policies.
Q. What are my deductible options?
A. You can choose coverage deductibles of 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, or 25%. 
Q. How does CEA’s deductible work? Do I have to pay the deductible before receiving a payment?
A. You do not pay your deductible out of pocket to receive payment on a claim. The deductible is subtracted from your covered damage so you don’t have to pay any of the deductible up front before you receive your claim payment.  
Q. What’s the difference between standard Homeowners and Homeowners Choice policies?
A. With the Homeowners Choice policy, you can purchase separate policy options instead of the standard Homeowners bundled coverage. CEA provides a comprehensive breakdown of both, so you can make the best choice for yourself and your family. 

Calculate Your Earthquake Insurance Premium

801 K Street, Suite 1000
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (916) 325-3800
Toll Free: (877) 797-4300

©2018 California Earthquake Authority

Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  | Site Map